Who Does Dishes?
Cooks Do Dishes
Servers Do Dishes
Whose Supposed To Do More Dishes, the Cook or Server?
What's most important after the rush.... clearing/resetting tables or
Table resets are
the priority for servers. We have to
get the place looking nice right away.
During that time, the cook
should turn around and do dishes.
can work on dishes after the tables are reset and move onto other
- Bring the bus pan to
- Discard the food waste into the garbage disposer, not
into the rubbish*
- Discard paper into the rubbish
- Spray and scrub dishes as needed with the overhead sprayer w/brush
- Place the dishes into the dish racks
- Sort the glasses and cups into the overhead cup racks
- Sort the silverware into the silverware soak tray
- Insert the dish rack into the dish machine and close the door
- Rinse the bus pan and return it to the dish cart or customer
Silverware -- Sort and Soak, then Wash It
The silver needs to soak so it comes clean in the dish machine. To wash
it, locate the silverware sorter, place the silverware in it, run it
Washing Soup Pots
Don't Leave them Soaking for the Next Shift To Do
A reminder to all. Let's not leave soup pots soaking for the next
shift. Just scrub them clean with the metal scrubber and be done with
it. Thank you.
Put The Dishes Away
The dishes, glasses, and silverware need to be put away at the cook
line and out front at the beverage counter.
The silverware soak tray and the towel buckets.
End of Shift Cleanup
- Empty dishwasher tank
- Empty and rinse the waste food basket
- Wipe down the dish machine, overhead racks and dish tables
- Emty and refill the silverware
- Empty and refill the green
Kleen-Pail with soapy water from
the dispenser and the red Kleen-Pail
with bleach and water from that dispenser.
- Rinse, wring out, and hang to dry excess towels by the linen bag
Certification of Training
Please sign click
Copyright © 2021 Aldridge, Inc.The material in this site cannot be republished either online or offline, without our permission.