- Report every injury, no matter how slight.
- Wear Neoprene safety gloves when cleaning fryers and the griddle
to avoid burns.
- Wear proper slip resistant shoes.
- Get to know the location and use of the fire extinguishers and
exhaust hood fire suppression pull ring.
- Know the robbery procedures.
Burns and scalds can be caused by any of these: Griddle, fryers,
stoves, toaster, hot utensils, boiling liquids, hot pots, steam, hot
Observe the following safety procedures:
- Wear Neoprene safety gloves when the cleaning the fryers and the
- Assume all pots and metal handles are hot
- Allow fryer grease to cool to 160 degrees before filtering or
- Do not leave metals spoons in pots while cooking
- Do not overstretch to reach an uncomfortable distance
Slips and Falls
Observe the following safety rules to prevent slips and falls:
- Wear the proper shoes
- Keep floors clean and dry
- Use warning signs for wet floors
- Point out spills to others and immediately proceed to mop up
Shoes with the following attributes must be worn for
- Slip-resistant soles with a good tread
- No leather or smooth soles
- No open-toed shoes
- Size up the load
- Back strait - butt out - head forward
- Bend at knees
- Keep item you are cutting on the cutting board - not up in your
- Cut away from body
- Keep thumb and other fingers out of the way
- Never spill water into fryer
- When filtering or changing oil:
- turn fryer off and allow the oil to cool to 160 degrees before
handling the oil
- wear Neoprene safety gloves
- do not attempt to lift a full pot of oil, use small ladling pan
- do not stand on a ladder or step-stool for filtering or changing
hot fryer oil
- follow fryer oil filtering and fryer oil changing instructions
on the shift duties tablet
Hoodies or Sunglasses Policy (for customers)
This purpose of this customer
policy is to add another layer of protection. For those customers who
fail to notice the sign, politely say "for safety reasons, please
remove your hat, hoodie, and/or sunglasses".
In Case of
Your personal safety is our number one concern.
- Know your surroundings and note changes in the environment
- Greet every customer and use direct eye contact
- Trust your "gut" feeling and instinct
- If you are suspicious of a someone's behavior, alert other
employees if possible.
- Be aware of people monitoring business activity, nervousness or
- Remain calm
- Do exactly what the robber tells you to do
- Do not attempt to argue in any way
- Do not make sudden moves
- Make mental notes of suspect (description from head to toe, scars,
- Press the silent holdup button immediately after the
robber(s) have left the premises*.
- Write down mental notes as soon as possible
- Protect evidence that may be have been touched by the suspect
(counter tops, demand notes, shoe prints).
- Call 911 even though you have pressed the silent holdup button.
*Silent Holdup Button
Each location is equipped with several hidden holdup buttons as
- Employee meal counter
- Manager office
Ask to be shown exactly where the holdup buttons are and how to use
- Do not make any sudden moves toward the button during
- Press the button after the robber(s) have left the
- Never press the holdup button for general customer
Certification of Training
Please sign click
Copyright © 2021 Aldridge, Inc.The material in this site cannot be republished either online or offline, without our permission.