Essential Safety Rules
- Report every injury, no matter how slight, to your manager.
- Excessive jewelry (rings, bracelets, neck chains, etc.) should
not be worn.
- Wear proper shoes.
- Wear Neoprene Safety Gloves when cleaning hot equipment such as
fryers and the griddle.
- Use tools only for their designed purpose.
- Know the location and use of the fire extinguishers and exhaust
hood fire suppression pull ring.
- Horseplay, fighting, possession of firearms or possession or use
of alcoholic beverages or illegal drugs, are forbidden.
- Know the robbery procedures.
Burns and scalds can be caused by any of these:
- Egg Stove
- Soup Stove
- Hot utensils
- Boiling hot liquids
- Hot pots
- Hot dishwasher
- Hot foods
Observe the following safety procedures:
- Wear Neoprene Safety Gloves when handling hot equipment and
always for cleaning the fryers and the griddle
- Turn off stoves when not in use
- Assume all pots and metal handles are hot
- Keep pot handles away from hot burners
- Make sure handles of pots and pans do not stick out from counter
or cooking stove
- Lift lids by opening away from you
- Allow fryer grease to cool to 160 degrees before filtering or
- Do not overfill pots, or fryers
- Do not leave metals spoons in pots while cooking
- Do not overstretch to reach an uncomfortable distance
Slips and Falls
Observe the following safety rules to prevent slips and falls:
- Wear the proper shoes
- Keep floors clean and dry
- Use warning signs for wet floors
- Point out spills to others and immediately proceed to mop up
Shoes with the following attributes must be worn for
- Slip-resistant soles with a good tread
- No leather or smooth soles
- No open-toed shoes
Where you purchase your shoes is up to you as long as they above
- Size up the load
- Back strait - butt out - head forward
- Bend at knees
- Use knife for intended purpose
- Cut away from body
- Keep item you are cutting on the cutting board - not up in your
- Keep thumb and other fingers out of the way
- Let a falling knife, fall
- Never drop or spill water into fryer
- When filtering or changing oil:
- turn fryer off and allow the oil to cool to 160 degrees before
handling the oil
- wear Neoprene safety gloves
- do not attempt to lift a full pot of oil, use small ladling
- do not stand on a ladder or step-stool for filtering or
changing hot fryer oil
- for the complete fryer oil filtering and fryer oil
changing instructions click
No Hats, Hoodies or Sunglasses Policy
The "No Hats, No Hoods, No
Sunglasses" signage adds another layer of protection for employees
and customers. For those customers who fail to notice the sign,
employees should politely say "for safety reasons, please remove
your hat, hoodie, and/or sunglasses".
The one exception is that under some circumstances, such as
religious traditions, the request may be offensive to some
customers. So please use good judgment as best you can.
In Case of Robbery
Your personal safety is our number one concern.
- Know your surroundings and note changes in the environment
- Greet every customer using direct eye contact
- Trust your "gut" feeling and instinct
- If you are suspicious of a someone's behavior, alert other
employees if possible.
- Be aware of people monitoring business activity, nervousness
- Remain calm
- Do exactly what the robber tells you to do
- Do not attempt to argue in any way
- Do not make any sudden moves
- Make mental notes of suspect (description from head to toe,
- Press the silent holdup button immediately after the
robber(s) have left the premises*.
- If possible, try to get vehicle description and direction of
- Write down mental notes as soon as possible
- Protect evidence that may be have been touched by the suspect
(counter tops, demand notes, shoe prints).
- Call 911 even though you have pressed the silent holdup
*Silent Holdup Button
Each location is equipped with several hidden holdup silent alarm
button as follows:
- Employee meal counter
- Manager office
Ask your manager to show you exactly where the holdup buttons are
and how to use them. Do not make any sudden moves toward the
button during a robbery. Press the button after the robber(s)
have left the premises.
Never press the holdup button for general customer