Who Does Dishes?
Servers Do Dishes
Cooks Do Dishes
Who Supposed To Do More Dishes, the Cook or Server?
What's most important after the rush.... clearing/resetting tables or
It depends on who you are.
Table resets are
the priority for servers. We have to
get the place looking nice right away.
During that time, the cook
should turn around and do dishes.
can work on dishes after the tables are reset and move onto other
Servers pre-clear the main plate as customers finish their
Final Clear Into Buspan
As customers get up and leave their table, it's time to final-clear,
wipe and reset the table.
Do not stack dishes and walk them to the sink --
IT'S A WASTE OF TIME!
- Grab a clean sanitized towel and a bus pan and bring both to the
- Clear all of the dirty dishes, glasses and silverware into the bus
- Put the placemats and napkins into the garbage if it's handy or
the small area of the bus pan if not
- Wipe the table down with the clean, sanitized, towel.
Bring the bus pan to the bus pan cart, or to the dirty side of the
- Bring the bus pan to
- Discard the food waste into the garbage disposer, not
into the rubbish*
- Discard paper into the rubbish
- Spray and scrub dishes as needed with the overhead sprayer w/brush
- Place the dishes into the dish racks
- Sort the glasses and cups into the overhead cup racks
- Sort the silverware into the silverware soak tray
- Rinse the bus pan and return it to the cart.
Silverware -- Sort and Soak, then Wash It
The silver needs to soak so it comes clean in the dish machine. To wash
it, locate the silverware sorter, place the silverware in it, run it
Run Full Racks
Put The Dishes Away
The dishes, glasses, and silverware need to be put away at the cook
line and out front at the beverage counter.
The silverware soak tray and the towel buckets.
End of Shift Cleanup
- Empty dishwasher tank
- Empty and rinse the waste food basket
- Wipe down the dish machine, overhead racks and dish tables
- Emty and refill the silverware
- Empty and refill the green
Kleen-Pail with soapy water from
the dispenser and the red Kleen-Pail
with bleach and water from that dispenser.
- Rinse, wring out, and hang to dry excess towels by the linen bag